Saturday, July 17, 2010

Seeing the World Through My Child's Eyes is a Gift!

It is amazing how a two year old child can take everyday occurances and turn them into something special. How they absorb everything around them and turn these things into something special.

Not only does the little things make my son's eyes light up with wonder but he also thinks everyone is his friend. No matter where we go and who we meet, he greets them with the phrase "my friend." If only the world functioned this way. I know over time this thought will fade, as he realizes that not everyone is friendly, but until then I am going to enjoy the innocence of childhood that gleams from his eyes. I am not naive, I understand that there are inherent dangers of being so friendly but at age two, everywhere he goes I go with him. It is my job to keep him safe and it is his job to view the world through a child's eyes. Occasionally, when I spend a lot of time with him, I too get a chance to view a glimps of this magical world. Though, I have completely grown up now, I too get a glimps of what the world looks like through a child's eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Married for 7 years. Have delightful 5 year old son (full of energy) and a 2 year old daughter.